Saturday, October 9, 2010

A young adult.

I could never have been a better person if God took my breath away before this day. For I feel I have a duty towards a teenager of this world.

I remember so well my teenage years. But what I remember most is: my urge to be independent. I wanted to do things my way (of course not rebelling my parents) but my parents and the whole environment could not let me. Life seemed like a box every other day and the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to run away. I laugh at all these thoughts when I look back now?

What was wrong with me then? Nothing of course. It was just a natural process I was not just aware of. It was that sting of becoming an adult. I was no longer a child neither was I an adult. The environment was also not favoring me to my expectations. I had lost the childhood privileges and i was not yet an adult to enjoy the adult privileges.

What was I then? I was in the turbulent years - over here, over there. But why didn't the adults understand this and help me out? How was it for them during their teen years? I cried out inside asking for some one to understand me but there was no one.

I was alone, lost on an island.

But you should not be. Because I am here for you, to listen and to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment